Summary of Issue II #4: 4 gr. Violet & Buff Pilica River Bridge Genuine
No. 4 type 1
- The left inner frame line is missing next to the M of Miasto, but if it were
present, it would intersect the M's left leg.
- The I in Miasto has a little hook on the top right, and the bottom right serif
is missing, giving the appearance of a vestigial J.
- There is an approx. 0.35 mm gap at the bottom of the left thick frame line.
- Both outer frame lines jut out from the "4 Grosze 4"
Kronenberg (scan V7_63) points out there is a dot above the "1" of "1918",
above the top outer frame line. Also, look the E in Grosze. The middle line is down near the bottom of the E, instead of at or above the middle of the letter.
No. 4 type 2
- The two left inner frame lines are terminated at the bottom with a thin line joining them to the outer one.
This extra line is about 1.5-1.6 mm long and 0.2 mm above the frame line around
the left 4.
- Only the left outer frame line noticeably juts out from the
"4 Grosze 4" box.
- The foot of the M is about 0.3 mm from the left inner frame line.
- On the right, the middle frame line is also terminated by a thin line.
The inner right frame line stops above the right part of the Z.
Blunt & Kronenberg refer to a dot near the P of Przedbórz, but it is often pretty faint in my collection, even under 10X magnification. If you could see it, this is where it would be, I think:
No. 4 type 3
- There is no horizontal line terminating the two inner frame lines.
- The thick right middle frame line stops parallel to the inner line.
- There is a dot between the top lines of the Z and E in Grosze.
- Miasto Przedbórz has been shifted to the right, so that the left foot of the
M is about 2.3 mm from the left outer frame line, and the foot
of the Z is about 0.9 mm from the corresponding right outer frame line.
- Kronenberg (scan V7_63) points out the frame around "Grosze" is broken at the lower left
corner, and that there is a thin horizontal line under the back leg of the first R in Przedbórz.
Go to #4 Forgeries
Last modified 23 Sept 2016